Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:50:15 -0400
> The feds are trying to mandate tire pressure monitors on all cars for >
2004.   It seems that many people don't check their tire pressure
> regularly, and driving with low tires can be dangerous.

Interesting.  Now what about expansion of the air inside the tire due to
temperature?  How will the ECU determine the correct pressure at any given
instant, or will this be a static system only utilised while the car is off
or at initial start up.  Because if not, they'll need some tire temperature
sensors too.  Hmm, we'll need a tarmac temperature sensor also and an
ambient air temperature sensor too.

God damn, it's got more sensors than an F1 car!

Will the car fail to start if tire pressure is too high?  IMHO just as
dangerous as pressures which are too low, if not more so.

Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list