New Arrival (soon)

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Arrival (soon)
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:38:35 -0500
I'm currently restoring a 74 MGB for my wife (or so she believes).  I have a
71 TR6 to drive, but that doesn't go over very well at the MG gatherings (or
when it rains), so we decided we needed an MG to drive while I restore the
74.  I posted some ads, and have looked at a couple MGBs, but nothing really
turned up that said "buy me".  Then I saw a little neglected 1966 MG 1100
just looking for a home.  I talked to my better half and after she mentioned
that her first car was a 1966 Morris 1100, we decided this was the car for
us.  I've sent off the deposit, and we are going to pick it up the weekend
of 25 & 26 August.  We're excited, thanks Tony!!!!!

The story behind the car is that the previous owner was restoring it and
suffered a heart attack, and can no longer continue with the restoration.
It was bought by a very knowledgeable MG person who is reselling it.  It's
in pretty good condition, just needing a few things to get it on the road.
For those not familiar with the MG 1100 take a look at this link:
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/news/news105.html  Now we'll have a
car to take to Rendezvous 2001 in Tallahassee the first weekend of November.

The MG 1100 has a hydrolastic suspension that is pretty unique, especially
when they were new.  If anyone knows of the equipment for evacuating and
refilling this suspension in the Florida Panhandle area please let me know.
This same system was used on the Mini.  While the system is holding up and
not leaking, it was recommended that I evacuate the system and refill it.

I'll keep everyone informed of my progress with our new addition.

Ken Waringa

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list