Re: Cross-drilled Brake Rotors - Can they be turned?

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: Cross-drilled Brake Rotors - Can they be turned?
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:41:33 -0400
Hmmm, years ago when I worked at Pratt & Whitney here in CT there were times
when it was needed to re-turn finished parts with holes on a lathe. They
used something similar to lead (low melting point) to fill the holes prior
to turning and then a dip in a hot tank to remove this stuff after. That
eliminated the interrupted cut. Wonder if anything like that is still
available.

Mike
'79B