cylinder three

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: cylinder three
From: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:44:13 -0500
While something is definately wrong with the ignition, it may not be your
problem.   If the carb or manifold gaskets are bad, the engine will run too
lean.  Also, the throttle shafts may be worn.

Using carb cleaner, spray by the shafts and the four carb manifolds, and the
mamnifold gasket.   If one is bad, the idle will change.

Also, it is possible that the harmonic balancer is defective, and the out ring
has shifted.  I worked on one car that according to my timing light, had a
setting of 55 BTDC.  Bring the engine to TDC (either by watching the valves,
or using something like a pencil in the spark plug hole) and check the timing
marks.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list