RE: Fuel Pump Contacts

To: "'FlynShoot@aol.com'" <FlynShoot@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump Contacts
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 21:35:33 -0400
FlynShoot wrote:

> I've got a '77 B with a 2 yr old fule pump that has been used
> for less than 1000 miles. The car sat for about a year before
> I had a chance to drive it when I returned from out of state.
> I had to beat on it to get the contacts free.
>
> The problem is now that even when the car is not driven for a
> week, the contacts stick forcing me to have to beat on the pump.
> Now beating  does not seem to help.
>
> Any clues to whether the pump is salvageable ...

My guess ... its salvagable ... probably just needs a new set of
contacts. Take a look at ...

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/electrical/pump.html

... insure that you have the large black diode shown in the link
(if not they are availble from Moss 377-145, negative ground).

Later ... Larry
'61 MGA 1600 MkII Roadster

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list