Re: The New MGX80

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: The New MGX80
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:39:44 -0400
Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:
> To me when I think of an "MG" my mind automatically fixates itself on a
> little 2 seat roadster image. Come on now fellahs (MG Designers) lately Mazda
> has made a number of 2+ seat topless jobs, so have BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar
> and (gulp!) Corvette. Why can't you guys at Rover-MG give US guys another
> MGTC, MGA or  MGB type (MGR, MGF..?) Something we can call a sports car.

  I agree with wanting one, but the sad truth is that most people
who "want" one won't buy one.

  Sadly, the bunch of us that sits around playing with our old
MGs consists of a lot of people, myself included, that aren't likely
to go buy a brand new 2-seat roadster.

  The car has to appeal to the people who are actually willing
to buy one, not just to us types who might compliment it wildly
and then go back to our SU carbs.

  Seriously though, if you want a modern MG roadster, get
a Miata. My wife has one, fantastic little car. MG could
make a damn nice car and it wouldn't be a better "British
Roadster" than the Miata.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca