Re: Dirty hands - Better in the cold!

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>,
Subject: Re: Dirty hands - Better in the cold!
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:05:02 -0400
 I use them all the time. Especially
 in the winter. Working out doors I wear two pair
 to keep my hands warm in 30 degree weather,
 and they are pliable enough to still pick up a washer
 on the ground.

 Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
 www.teglerizer.com

 with "only two
 > broken nails" and "since I used 5 million  paper towels
no
 grease on my
 > hands".
 >
 > As a professional mechanic with hands that I'm not afraid
 to show at any
 > dinner table, I have to wonder why more people these days
 don't use latex
 > rubber gloves when disassembling filthy car parts. Sure
 they tear if you
 > snag them on something sharp - but they come in a box of
 100 for about $7!
 > They are thin enough that I don't have to worry about
 being unable to feel
 > small details on what I'm working with, and they are not
 uncomfortable to
 > wear.
 >
 > I never work on anything really dirty these days without
 first putting on a
 > pair of them. When I see grimy hands and dirty
fingernails
 on other
 > mechanics, I have to wonder whether I'm really "smarter
 than the average
 > bear" or whether some people just like to wear the proof
 that they've been
 > busy for all the world to see!
 >
 > Lawrie
 > British Sportscar Center