Re: MGA trade?

To: microdoc@zoominternet.net
Subject: Re: MGA trade?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:57:55 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/01 2:42:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
microdoc@zoominternet.net writes:

> Yikes, Allen, don't you think that is a bit much. In 36 years of driving and
> more
> years than that experiencing conscious awareness, I can remember only one
> instance of a rollover: A foolish punk in a Jeep CJ speeding through
> mountain
> twisties in West Virginia; his fault. If one is driving on public roads,
> they
> ought to have enough sense to drive sanely. It they roll the car, they were
> not
> driving sanely. If they carry passengers, children or adults, in the car,
> they
> must not drive recklessly, ever. They shouldn't be having children if they
> can't
> understand that. It's like saying it is okay to play with a loaded gun in
> the

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, I have to disagree.  I don't want to take any chances with my kids or
my grandkids.  There are too many SUVs on the roads these days, and when I am
driving, I have no control over them, especially when the driver is on his
cell phone, reading the newspaper and putting on his makeup!  (Or her makeup.
 Sorry, I didn't mean to leave out the ladies.)

Keep in mind that an overweight SUV can't turn or stop as fast as the
insulated driver thinks it can, especially on a slippery surface.  I have no
doubts in my safe driving record or my driving ability, but when a Ford
Excursion is behind me, I get nervous.  When I started driving, back in the
late '60s, we didn't know any better, but that's not a reason to take
unnecessary chances now.

Maybe you can only remember one rollover, but the newspapers are full of
accidents around here.

Once again, Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward