Re: The end of Speedvision email bomb! long but pointed

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: The end of Speedvision email bomb! long but pointed
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:01:23 -0700
Whilst agreeing that it would be a good idea to let Fox know they may lose
some viewership, I cannot agree that NASCAR racing is "BORING!".
"Occasionally boring", maybe, but definitely not deserving of upper case and
an exclamation point.

200 mph sedans at Martinsville's tea-cup sized oval; now that's just stupid,
not boring. But 40 cars running 3-wide within inches of each other at speeds
close to 200 mph on the super speedways, lap after lap, how can anyone say
that is boring? Just imagine the concentration needed to drive a car at
those speeds for several hours; then factor in the close proximity of all
those other guys, every one of them driving at ten-tenths, jockeying for
position, evaluating their car's handling so they can tell the crew what
minute changes to make next time they go to the pits, and praying that the
guys around them won't do something stupid which will result in a major
wreck. That's "BORING!" ?  Mr Tegler must lead a very adrenaline-charged
life..............

Or maybe his excitement genes are just worn out from the "excitement" of
watching Formula1 cars, with all their hi-tech ground-effects, traction
control, electronic shift and throttle controls, etc., driven for what,
maybe 90 minutes, in single file by overpaid prima-donnas, where the only
passing occurs when someone does something stupid, a car breaks, or
someon'es pit strategy is a little different from everyone else's.

Lawrie
(who will miss Speedvision's coverage of WRC, vintage, historic and
motorcycle events, but will be quite happy to remember that F1 used really
to represent the pinnacle of motor racing - back when Moss, Fangio,
Hawthorn, et al, were driving real cars, rather than hi-tech
billboards...........)