Re: The end of Speedvision email bomb! long but pointed

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, ptegler@gouldfo.com, Ajhsys@aol.com,
Subject: Re: The end of Speedvision email bomb! long but pointed
From: "Dave Munroe" <brutusdog1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:29:23 -0300
Lawrie;

I attended the 2000 Daytona 500, my first and last NASCAR big oval race.
Except for myself, it would be hard to argue that the rest of the monster
crowd did not have the time of their lives! But it is fair comment that the
average fan "knows squat" as Paul Tegler contends, about the mechanical side
of racing. The big issue in 2000, was the top speed edge held in-the-moment
by the Ford crowd. NASCAR's answer was a mandatory spec.shock supplied by
NASCAR that somehow evened the field.

I asked everyone within earshot what this shock had to do with performance
equivilancy, and most had no idea there was a problem or that there was a
"shock" solution.

But that didn't prevent the large lady sitting behind me dressed like Bobby
LaBonte's crew chief from leaping into the air and screaming at the top of
her lungs when "her man" moved from 38th to 37th in a bold move entering
corner 3. She was likely wearing $1500 U.S. worth of enthusiast clothing,
spent several thousands of $'s getting there and back, and will watch NASCAR
oriented Speedvision with regularity and great glee, along with the other
300,000 + fans that were there.

I also have attended many Daytona 200 Superbike events. Over half a million
bikers making large rude noises all over Volusia County, and sadly, only
40,000 or so in the stands.

Which event would you rather promote with your money?

Economics always win.

Dave