Resistance of Oil Pressure Sender for testing

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Resistance of Oil Pressure Sender for testing
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:21:27 -0700
Hello All. In the archives I found the resistance of the sender w/ ignition
off = 31 ohms. Does anyone know or have the ability to measure the
resistance while running with some pressure (i.e. = 50 lbs)?? My manuals
don't give the spec for these. I am guessing it will be somewhere between 31
ohms and ground, and if so, I can substitute a resistor for the sender to
test the gauge.

Any ideas for a reasonable cost alternative, without going to the mechanical
type. I am not crazy about routing an oil line back to a new gauge and
having it leak on my legs when the gauge wears out. BTDT before!!

Thanks a million

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
1969 MGBGT mona