Re: "Backfiring" through the carbs?

To: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>,
Subject: Re: "Backfiring" through the carbs?
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:53:27 -0600 (MDT)
I would agree with the timing or mixture assessment.

I use a valve gap tool to set the point gap. However your question
makes me wonder how you are setting the gap in the first place, as the
surfaces I set are not round.

As you rotate the distributor the lob on the shaft causes the points,
which are normally closed, to open.  When they are open, that is when
you set the gap.  The surfaces of the contacts should be perfectly
flat.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net