FW: Help needed with determining car # !!!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Help needed with determining car # !!!
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:20:13 -0700
Phil:

        Are you in the US?  Later Federal cars all supposedly had numbers
stamped somewhere.

        On my 73 MGBGT the VIN is stamped on the right hand frame rail.  To
see if yours is stamped take a cleaning rag and wipe the vertical part of
the frame rail next to the engine between the starter and the oil filter
housing.  I had no idea it was there until I cleaned and repainted the
engine compartment with the engine out.

        The 79 MGB I'm working on now has the VIN stamped in the RH floor
directly below the dash support where the floor meets the trans hump.  I've
never seen this before and was quite surprised.  It looks like the Asphaltic
material was scraped back and the VIN stamped in the exposed bare metal.

Hope this helps.

Kelvin Dodd
Ventura, CA

///