Re: Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question
From: Roe <proe@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:38:46 -0500 (EST)
Thanks for all the personal emails and responses to the digest regarding
not having VIN(Vehicle Identification numbers)on a 73 MGB I purchased from
a dealer recently. Decided to send this reply to the digest due to the
large number of responses.
Having no VIN tags on the car I bought bothered me so much I decided to
call the police to ask if this was against the law. They said it was it NY
state(USA). The next day, I called the car dealer and told him the car was
missing the tags and therefore wanted my money back soon. He wanted to
check with the Registry of Motor Vehicles to see if there was a car
registered with the VIN that was on the title and if there wasn't he would
put new VIN tags on the car. He was trying to be helpful(and of course not
lose the sale) but I was still uncomfortable with owning a car that didn't
initially have these tags on it. Then I told him I still wanted the money
back and for him to pick up the car. He complied within a few hours and the
whole saga ended. The dealer and I both learned alot on this one. Not a
pleasant experience.
Thanks again for your help. You guys helped make it happen! Phil Roe, 67B,
and 80B.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///