Re: Early MGB door mirror

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Early MGB door mirror
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:41:15 -0800
Well, I had an itinerant body man clean up the rear quarters and the rust
bubbles. Same thing, I was going to fill in the current mirror hole before I
had it shot, which is what prompted my inquiry. I have a few small areas to
touch up first, then I thought I'd remove the bumpers and trim and just take
it to MAACO. No point in spending a bundle -- it'll still be a 30/30 car at
best.

I could send you a digital photo of my bullet mirror placement. It might
work if you had the seat all the way forward, and weren't too tall <g>. As
for Moss's bullet mirrors, all I can say is the chrome doesn't hold up too
well parked outdoors. Getting pretty pockmarked after 4 or 5 years (I
replaced the one that came with it since it had practically no chrome left,
and I used the same style mirror since I didn't want to drill a new hole at
the time). The Raydot racing mirror is probably better quality.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Mountain View, CA,