Re: Early MGB door mirror

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Early MGB door mirror
From: mg-dennis@mindspring.com
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:57:05 -0800
I have one of those Max..  I bought it to fill some holes in my fender where
someone had mounted a mirror before.  The holes where center of the wheel arch.
For a right hand mirror that far out it was hard for me to see much out of it.
Where did you mount it?  I was probably at the same local moss distributor today
also.  I wanted to get my order for body parts in since today was the last day
of
the discount sale.  I didn't order mirrors though.  I'm still not sure what I'm
going to use.  I think the California vehicle code requires at least two
mirrors,
either a rear view and a left side or two side mirrors.

Dennis Cox
67 MGB

Max Heim wrote:

> OK, I visited my local Moss distributor, and we confirmed that the
> illustrations in the catalog are screwed up. I wound up getting the one
> described as "Lucas style period accessory", #37 in the picture, part
> #223-310. Thanks to Robert Bennett who recommended same. It seemed to have
> the best combination of period appearance and practical function. The round
> mirror itself is considerably larger than the one in the bullet style
> mirror, for example. The later rectangular mirrors didn't fit my mental
> image of a period accessory.
>
> --

///