Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 13:38:52 -0500
Paul,
  I can't speak to the relative brightness of the halogen bulbs for the
MGB, but I do have them in my TD.
  It may be that the relative brightness is less, but suggest that the
brake light is so much brighter than the tail (running) light that only
the least observant following driver could fail to notice the difference.
  In a related exchange of ideas a couple of years ago, a list member
whom I remember being involved with Ergonomics at Emory Univ made the
point that ones eyes detect the difference between Off & On far more
readily than they do Dimmer & Brighter,  which supports the wisdom of the
third brake light.  If he is on the list these days, perhaps he can
contribute more.
  Absent the third brake light, or another alternative to bring greater
illumination and contrast to the stern of the MGB, I think the halogen
bulbs are quite worthwhile, at least here in the US where we now have
such great differences in the height of eye of the drivers, MGs vs SUVs
and immense pickup trucks.
Bob

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:53:30 -0000 <paul.hunt1@virgin.net> writes:
> I seem to recall someone (Bob Munch?) posted before and after
> pictures using
> halogen stop/tail lights and they were concerned about the relative
> lack of
> differentiation between the two filaments.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///