Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:33:42 -0700
I can safely say the chrome bumpers absorb virtually no shock at all. In
two separate incidents, I have had people back their car right into the
front of two of my MGs. In each case, the person put their car in reverse
and the impact was probably 5 mph at best - leaving me with bent over
riders and crumbled hood. On my rusted 65B (my college car), I just bent
everything back. On my 71BGT, the estimates for repair ran from $500-$800
which included a hood replacement. This was in '85. State Farm conned me
into a $250 settlement. I know better now.

David

At 02:05 PM 11/7/2001 -0600, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:
>   I drive a CB B and have had the things off the car.  The bumpers are
>made of succ thing gauge steel that they wouldn't absorb much in the way
>of shock at all. All you can say about them is that they look nice.
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   CR
>   '69 B

///