Re: MGA Shock Rebuild.

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA Shock Rebuild.
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:54:32 -0600
I second that emotion.  I had Apple "rebuild" my two front shocks on my
MGA.  They BOTH started leaking after 500 miles and one autocross.

Peter rebuilt all the shocks on the MG Midget vintage racer and I've gone
through a grueling race season with no leaks whatsoever.  A fellow
Houston MG Club member visited Peter while in the Midwest this past year
and was very impressed with his methods.  Peter showed him an Apple
"rebuild" for comparison, which included the liberal use of garden hose
washers(!!!).

On top of that the Apple shocks I got didn't even LOOK pretty.  Lousy
paint job.  Peter is generally about the same in price, usually a little
less.  In the case of T-Series shocks, significantly less.

BTW, Peter is a fellow lister on the Spridgets list, but I don't think he
is on the MGs list.

David LIttlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1951 MGTD