Re: Wrong oil in gear box

To: "Charlie & Jennifer Schellinck" <jschelli1@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: Wrong oil in gear box
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:12:54 -0600
Adam,
     Automatic trany fluid would be red.   Baaaaad smelling fluid I would
suspect to be rear end fluid. (Hate that smell) (Too heavy)
Engine oil is recommended for a B trany. 20-50 has been my choice for years.
Also drain the overdrive unit and clean the screen if you haven't already.
You can buy a hand pump that screws right on to an oil bottle to fill trany.
Works great.          Good Luck,   Mark