RE: B on the Dyno

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: B on the Dyno
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:27:45 EST
Greetings All,

To answer Eric's specific question, I pulled out my copy of Peter Burgess'
book.   It seems that the switch to the 1.75 inch SUs would be in order when
one wants to spin the engine up to 7000 rpm. K&N filters, absolutely.  Air
horns are also a good idea, although I'm not certain if one can use air horns
and K&Ns at the same time.

I have the K&Ns on my 74 B and they seem to make a considerable difference. I
did need to run the timing with a bit more initial advance and set the
mixture a bit rich to improve power at higher rpm. Richer needles for my HIFs
are in order.

The Burgess book is really excellent for any B owner wanting to get more out
of the engine.

Eric in Florida

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list