Is Connecticut that big... , was Cars For Sale On List????

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is Connecticut that big... , was Cars For Sale On List????
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:11:08 -0500
Bullwinkle says,

"Is Connecticut that big that I have to know where in Conn it is?
Blake in South Dakota
SD has 77,121 square miles and Conn. has 5,544.  People here travel 200
miles to Fargo, ND or Sioux Falls, SD, and even 300 miles to Minneapolis
just to go shopping!"

Yeah, but Blake...  When your stuck in 20 mph traffic on the Interstate, it
might as well be 200 miles in South Dakota where you can run at near LBC top
speed.  Been there, done that in both states.  Takes equal time.

BTW, the CT Statie's latest gambit is something they are calling
"Centipede."  They take a dozen or so cruisers & park them about a mile
apart along the highways, and blast you with radar & laser guns.  (Hey Mr.
Spada, can't we afford to send them to a firing range for target practice?)
Their plan is to get everyone to slow down to posted speeds.  (That will be
different.)  Local TV station covered this last night & they even stopped
someone doing 70 in a 55.  Heck, that's been the AVERAGE speed on the
Interstates posted at 55.  And, since so many miles of all roads in CT are
posted as "Under Construction" even when they aren't, they double the fines.
So, be warned.

I get enough high speed with my B on the racetracks, so I'm usually going
pretty slow when they shoot at me.  "Sorry boys.  Just because I drive a
sportscar doesn't mean your going to make your quota by shooting at me."

Norm Sippel, in southwest CT
'66 MGB daily driver, occasional vintage racer
'59 Turner, Spridget powered

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///