Rallyes, was Cars For Sale On List????

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Rallyes, was Cars For Sale On List????
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:09:14 -0500
Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Hmm, Jim, isn't that what MG2001 was all about?
>
> --- "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net> wrote:
>
> Why can't we MG owners do something similar?

Certainly, but on a much smaller scale. James and I had hoped to go to
MG2001, but the plans fell through at the last minute. We've attended
many MG events over the years, since he and his brothers were little
boys, but the motorcycle rallyes go way beyond the scope of any British
car event I've attended. Visit one and see: I'll bet you'll come away
with some new ideas for events within the event.

Getting there is half the fun, and camping out makes for 24 hour parties
with old and new friends. This Summer, I attended a rally in Redmond, OR,
and another in Morganton, NC. I made dozens of new friends. The scenery
was spectacular at both; the roads were nirvana. Getting there was an
unforgettable memory. I am much more in favor of choosing a scenic
location with great sports car driving in the area, rather than the city
locales (i.e. Indianapolis, Cleveland, Minneapolis). Cities are nice. I
grew up in the best one of all: New York City! But, if you want to drool,
drive your MG along the Blue Ridge Parkway for an hour or 10. You'll
never forget it.

Just some food for thought.

Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net