RE: Audi/VW 1.8T into MGB.....

To: "'Kai M. Radicke'" <kmr@pil.net>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Audi/VW 1.8T into MGB.....
From: Dan Hackney <dhh2c@virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:46:52 -0500
Kai and others,

<snip>
> one of these lovely 20valve motors
<snip>

I agree about the engine.  My mother had a 1.8T Audi a4 with tiptronic
and that engine was a hoot.

<snip>
>  (the 2002  Jettas got 180hp up from 150hp in the 2001s for the 1.8T
>models).
<snip>

In the A4 had 150 hp for '00, '01 model jumps to 170 (lumpier cam).  I
find it strange that VW would put the more powerful tune in the
"people's car" and still make the brand new a4 with the 170 hp carryover
engine.  BUT, carpoint.com confirms this fact.  OT, but interesting...

> college kid schedule prohibits one from having time consuming hobbies.

Ditto!  I miss my (father's) mg.  Restoration resumes this month during
semester break.  Hopefully I'll have it running before I come back here.

> <snip>   as a Senior Design Project as a mechanical
> engineering student.

Now that would be a fun project!  I wish I could do that instead of
whatever they'll have me doing in 4th year CS degree...

Regarding the transaxle difficulties, would it be possible to somehow
use part of a Quattro drivetrain to send power to the rear wheels?  I
don't know the details of the setup, just wondering out loud...

Cheers to you AOH9999, but agreed Kai, let's not start that thread
again.

-Dan H.
'72 b (in restoration, almost done, far away)
'88 XJ6 (not a good college car)

UVA Engineering c/o '05

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list