Re: Engine Rebuild

To: turf42@home.com
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:21:31 EST
Hi,
Yeah, put aside about $2500 bucks. That way you'll be able to take care of
whatever problems may arise. A completely rebuilt engine sans labor will run
you about $3000 I tried to do a parts tally out of a MOSS catalogue and it
looks like pretty much the same --Except that most places do a discounted
price number or they'll provide free shipping and handling which can run you
$200-$300 bucks, easily. If you're gonna drop a bundle of cash in some
suppliers hands ask them, WHAT will THEY give you in return? It can't hurt to
ask...maybe it'll actually save you major dollars in the end. Although a
rebuilt short or long block will usually come with a 60 or 90 day guarantee
on parts and labor. It's your call.
Albert Escalante 1978 MGB; 1957 3.4 litre (Mk.I) 1977 XJ-6L; 1985 XJ-6 (not
running)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///