Re: Today it drives!!! Of course have new problems...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@softhome.net>
Subject: Re: Today it drives!!! Of course have new problems...
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:14:02 -0000
As Dave says, the fact it has that message on it says to me it is the wrong
cap and so is quite likely a non-vented one.  Once it stalls, if you have
the wrong cap then removing it will make quite a loud 'whoosh' as the
partial vacuum in the tank is filled.  If you have left the ignition on and
you have the SU pump then it should chatter as it refills the carbs.  But
even a vented cap will make a slight sound as the vent is spring-loaded to
prevent leakage in a roll-over.