Re: Today it drives!!! Of course have new problems...

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Today it drives!!! Of course have new problems...
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 08:43:35 -0600
I didn't get the "whoosh," but it was a day later when I removed the
cap.  I am sure that my fuel systems isn't that air tight.

Patton

At 07:14 AM 1/7/2002, paul.hunt1@virgin.net wrote:
>As Dave says, the fact it has that message on it says to me it is the wrong
>cap and so is quite likely a non-vented one.  Once it stalls, if you have
>the wrong cap then removing it will make quite a loud 'whoosh' as the
>partial vacuum in the tank is filled.  If you have left the ignition on and
>you have the SU pump then it should chatter as it refills the carbs.  But
>even a vented cap will make a slight sound as the vent is spring-loaded to
>prevent leakage in a roll-over.

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///