Re: Small European saloons, was: The Missing word.(is Magnette)

To: ROLindsay@emeraldgrc.com
Subject: Re: Small European saloons, was: The Missing word.(is Magnette)
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:03:27 EST
In a message dated 1/8/02 10:37:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com writes:

>It's cool to see such adoration for a classic saloon.
>I too am a big fan of the little luxury cars from our past.
>In my case, the car is a 1959 Lancia Appia S-III.  It
>was the luxury car of the 50's in Italy (when the roads
>were still tiny).
>My little saloon and the object of my retirement attention,
>whenever that happens, is not anywhere as nice as the
>example shown in this link -- but someday, it will be!
>BTW, paid $400 for it two years ago.

Rick,
I bought my 1957 3.4 litre Jaguar (nee Mk.1) from a gent in Santa Cruz, Ca.
in 1983 for  $700.00 . I did all the veneer and upolstery, carpets ,
headliner, etc.all by myself. I was amased that it could run all day long at
sustained speeds of 85 mph all day long and  still want more. At  85 I could
also flick the O/D lever on the dash and the car would drop down from 2300
rpm to about 1400 rpm and zoom up to 100mph. It's still has one of the most
beautiful engines I've ever seen. Never even hic-cupped when I was forced to
accept non leaded (premium) gas after the 1986 leaded gas purge in
California. Albert Escalante

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///