Re: Small European saloons, was: The Missing word.(is Magnette)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Small European saloons, was: The Missing word.(is Magnette)
From: Steve Morris <MGA1500@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:47:23 -0500
On 1/8/02 9:28 PM, Steve Morris  <MGA1500@mac.com> wrote:

>A guy at work picked up a '50s Austin A-135 Vanden Plas Limousine at an
>estate sale last year amongst some old American '50s heavy metal. Right
>hand drive, in running but fair condition, if I remember his description
>correctly. I haven't seen the car. The story around town was that this
>old guy would go pick up a car load of the older widow ladies and take
>them to church on Sunday mornings. I might try to talk him into parting
>with it one of these days when I'd have someplace to put it. That would
>be a nice complement to the MGA on those days when I can't fit the kids
>and their friends into the MGA!

Well, we are done with this topic, but I talked to the guy today. I
remembered incorrectly. It is a seven passenger RHD 1963 Austin Princess
Vanden Plas Limousine with the 4.0 L.

Not interested in selling yet. I'll have to keep after him, but not being
too pushy.

Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black