Re: Small European saloons, was: The Missing word.(is Magnette)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Small European saloons, was: The Missing word.(is Magnette)
From: Steve Morris <MGA1500@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:28:32 -0500
On 1/8/02 2:30 PM, Dan DiBiase  <d_dibiase@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What were the Z-types Magnettes considered back in the day? Sports saloons
>or luxury saloons? I really like the Z-types a lot as well, Albert, and
>have seen some very nice examples at local shows here in the East.

A guy at work picked up a '50s Austin A-135 Vanden Plas Limousine at an
estate sale last year amongst some old American '50s heavy metal. Right
hand drive, in running but fair condition, if I remember his description
correctly. I haven't seen the car. The story around town was that this
old guy would go pick up a car load of the older widow ladies and take
them to church on Sunday mornings. I might try to talk him into parting
with it one of these days when I'd have someplace to put it. That would
be a nice complement to the MGA on those days when I can't fit the kids
and their friends into the MGA!

Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black