Teleshocks

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Teleshocks
From: "David Hill" <davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:49:31 -0000
Here's a thought.

My car has Konis on the back and stock levers on the front. Even with the
Konis backed right off I still find the damping a little bit stiff for road
use.
I can agree with the notion of teles for racing or for use with a lot of
horsepower but are they valid for the road? Unless you go to the full
conversion and get rid of the front levers, there's no unsprung weight
reduction at the front and I doubt there's much difference at the rear.
The only real advantage I can see for road work is that teles seem less
prone to bursting seals than levers.

What do *you* think?

Dave Hill
'72 BGT