Re: Moss or Victoria British

To: Robert Marcho <marcho@bible.acu.edu>
Subject: Re: Moss or Victoria British
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:36:14 -0700 (MST)
My feeling has been from talking to people at both companies that Moss has a
good understanding of the cars and the business.  VB employees have a good
understanding of THIER business, catalog sales.

I have bought from both as well.  If the price from Moss is too high you might
want to look at the Moss resellers.  They will often offer a discounted price.

If you are up to it, there are lots of other sources to consider besides just
those two as well.

See: http://itwest.net/~lundgren/mgs.html  for a few ideas...

The shells are heritage shells.  They ran around $2000 IIRC,  but I don't think
you can get them in the US anymore.  Another note on those however, is while
$2000 seems pretty cheap (again IIRC) there is a LOT of work around one.  You
have to install EVERY little nut, bolt, clip and clamp on them. Lots of work.

Good Luck!

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Robert Marcho wrote:

> I know this is a fairly subjective question, but I would like to hear the
> list's advice. I am ready to place a substantial order for exterior and
> interior body panels to repair rust damage on my "free" 1971 MGB. Adding up
> all of the pieces in Moss catalog brings the total to $974.35 , and $703.10
> in Victoria British. Obviously, a huge difference in cost. Any reasons I
> shouldn't go with V-B? I've bought from V-B many times, but that was about
> 5 - 7 years ago. I had no problem with the quality I got back then. On
> another subject, I recall a few years ago an announcement that someone was
> producing new MGB body shells. Does anyone know anything about them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Marcho

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list