Re: MGA Top End

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Top End
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:43:32 EST
In a message dated 1/16/02 6:31:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> >> Either way, an MGA isn't going to exceed 100mph at top end by very much
> (if
> >> any),
> >> due to aerodynamic shortcomings.

Depends on power.
My Mk2 Coupe can hit 105 with no problem - (stock3 main B engine)
My Twincam roadster race car without windshield has been radar clocked at 129
mph.
My wife's MGC will do an indicated 130 mph (175 bhp modified engine), should
be close to accurate.
(For comparison, my old dead stock 90 bhpTriumph TR-2 did an honest 110 mph
(5500 rpm) with Brooklands screens on the race track.
Let's see - Jensen CV-8 indicated 145, calculated 140 mph and still rising
(non-stock).
69 Islero rated at 165 mph, but I doubt I'll ever bother finding out!

Chrysler Minivan tow car - God knows - I'd never want to be in it over 90 or
so!

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list