mga

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mga
From: "Danny" <dannyvarnado@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:31:52 -0600
Hi,  I recently bought a 58 roadster with a 58 coupe parts car.  I'm going to
restore the roadster to be used as a daily driver. I have several questions
which I would like to ask. I hope these questions don't sound to silly, but I
have never had any dealings with MGs.  My last British car was an 80 TR-7
which I bought new but had to go when the children started coming.

1. Is there any way to convert the front drum brakes to disk?
2. Is there any way to install a late model 5 speed on a 1600 engine?
3. Would wire knock-off wheels or steel wheels be better? ( the coupe has the
knock-offs)
4. Would it be better to install performance parts in the 1600 engine or
install a MGB engine?
5. If the 1600 engine is adequate, what modifications would make it the best
it can be.
I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks, Danny

///