Re: Handbrake problem...

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@attbi.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Handbrake problem...
From: "Menno Meijer" <menno.meijer@ict.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:59:59 +0100
Thanks a lot for the quick responses... Indeed I forgot to mention that I've
already tried to adjust the "adjusting screw" I've set this screw to the
position in which the shoe just touches the drum on some locations. (You can
hear it but hardly feel friction) After this adjustment I've pressed the
footbrake a couple of times in order to let the shoes "set" themselves into
the correct position. After this I've re-adjusted the screw again.

How thick should the friction material on the shoe be? (On mine it's approx.
2 or 3 mm) (Rough guess, I'll measure it tomorrow)

Greets,

Menno Meijer
The Netherlands