Re: rust on 67B

To: Carter Tuggle <goutvols2@mchsi.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rust on 67B
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:37:16 -0800
When I purchased my B ('75) it had 'some' rust in the lower panels behind the
doors. I believe that is a common problem.
I cut out all the rusted pieces I could find & instead of doing a weld job,
decided to experiment with fibre glass.
I know that I will now be pushed off this site by the purists who I respect
greatly. It has been 2 years since the fibre glass replacement & NO trouble at
all. I was on a very, very tight budget & I had no option.

Having read & researched repairing rusted panels etc, the ONLY method spoken
about
is steel replacement.

Did I do something terribly wrong that I'll regret down the road. As I said in 2
years no problems.

Any responses?
Aubrey in Vancouver

> .