How much to ship an engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How much to ship an engine
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:29:00 -0600
Hey guys,

I am going over my project price list and I need some help as to cost.

My engine an incorrect 18V motor.  And even though it runs, I would have to
rebuild before I'm done with the car.  If I am going to spend money on that
I would much rather spend it one a correct 18GB instead of this one.   The
way I figure it, I can buy a 18GB needing to be rebuilt, rebuild it, then
pull and sell the 18V.  This might recoup most of the cost of acquiring the
18GB.  Kind of like a personal core charge.

The question is how much does it cost to ship an engine?  I saw that there
are a couple 18GB's for sale on the web, but they both would need to be
shipped.   Can they be shipped in parts cheaper (if I can find one broken
down).  Can a block alone go UPS?

If any Texans on this list have a good lead on a 18GB let me know.  I'll
also be looking for a good machine shop.

Thanks
Patton