Lumpy idle - more

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lumpy idle - more
From: "Jeff Sharpe" <jgsharpe@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:14:54 -0500
Out of town this weekend and just read your replies - very much appreciated.
One more thought after mulling it over for a couple days.  The initial set-up
of the carbs with the jets flush with the bridge, the RPM's rise when lifting
the pistons slightly.  That's already too rich, isn't it?  I'm wondering if
the needles and jets are very worn.  Maynard, your thought on the race cam
isn't the first time that's been mentioned.  A reputable mechanic here in
Atlanta suggested the same thing when he couldn't resolve the idle issue.  How
would I know for sure?  Will get that vac advance ordered, for sure.  Need to
get that right.  I'll try (almost) anything!

Thanks - Jeff
'71 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list