Re: Lumpy idle - more

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lumpy idle - more
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:47:12 EST
In a message dated 3/18/02 1:54:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> .  The initial set-up
> of the carbs with the jets flush with the bridge, the RPM's rise when
> lifting
> the pistons slightly.  That's already too rich, isn't it?  I'm wondering if
> the needles and jets are very worn.

I doubt it. The only way an SU needle can wear is to rub in the jet orifice.
The only catch is that if they are uncentred enough to do that, they normally
won't allow the piston to rise, and the engine won't run properly.

Net result is that I very rarely see any wear on needles.

Try some leaner needles and see if that cures the problem.

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///