MGB Engine Weight, Dimensions & Shipping Cost

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Engine Weight, Dimensions & Shipping Cost
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:31:28 -0500
Here's the latest from my end:

My block with crank, main caps & bolts, oil pan, front & rear plates, front
cover and flywheel weighed in at 218#.  I made a box of plywood & 2 x 3's.
It's dimensions are 25" x 23" x 20" high.  I estimate total weight to be
about 260#.  Calling shipper tomorrow to schedule pickup.  BTW, Yellow
Freight was VERY high.  Wanted an additional $150 to pickup too.

Will report actual cost Tuesday.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB

///