Re: Will a 74 engine fit a 77B?

To: "Howard gentry" <zymmer4@yahoo.com>, "Jon Stepro" <stepro@mac.com>,
Subject: Re: Will a 74 engine fit a 77B?
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:55:35 -0800
In fact, Howard, it's more than a matter of shimming the motor mounts. The
front bearer plate on the engines, and the style and shape of motor mount,
changed between 1974 and 1975. To fit the early engine in a late car, it is
necessary to change the front bearer plate and mounts, and sometimes the
block needs to be ground off near the lower mount bracket attaching hole, to
accomodate the later style bracket.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center