Re: car color?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car color?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:37:20 -0800
Yeah, the used bonnet I bought once (off a 63!) was that way -- working
inward, it was metallic blue, metallic brown, harvest gold, BRG, red,
yellow, and blue again. I had to use paint stripper.

As for colors, the best looking or most impressive B's I've ever seen in
person were:

1. black (meticulously restored)
2. deep dark blue
3. deep dark red (like Enrique's, actually)

...but part of this impression was doubtless due to the quality of the
finishes, not just the color, and the fact that they were unusual.

I don't think I've ever seen a Black Tulip car in person. I have seen a
silver B -- while it was handsome, I couldn't help thinking the color was
somehow inappropriate. I think I was connecting it with German cars, and 1st
generation RX7s (when silver was a fad).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///