Rear end

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear end
From: "KENNETH WARINGA" <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:35:01 -0600
A couple weeks ago my son blew the rear end out of his 79 MGB.  I was out of
town, but I had him remove the rear end from a 74 MGB parts car I have in
the back yard.  He removed the whole rearend, including the springs.  Will
the rearend from the 74 bolt right up to the 79, including springs?  The
repair manual calls for a special tool to remove the differential from the
housing, I think it spreads the opening slightly, is this necessary or will
something else work?  Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list