Re: Rear end

To: "KENNETH WARINGA" <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear end
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:49:34 -0800
Ken,

Depending on the condition of the springs that were in the '79, the ride
height will probably be different as the '74 was a tad lower. There will
also be some handbrake operating linkage issues, although you can swap the
parts from the late car onto the earlier axle. Otherwise, it's a bolt-in
operation.

As for the need for a spreading tool, we've replaced the bushings in
numerous Salisbury axles and never found this spreader to be necessary. It
is very important, however, to mark the caps and not put them back on the
wrong sides, also be sure to keep the spacer rings the same sides of the
differential when you pull out the center section.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center