Re: mgb ride height/lopsidedness

To: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mgb ride height/lopsidedness
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:11:21 +0100
'Normal' ride-height - now that *would* be a nice thing to know.  The usual
way of measuring ride height is from the centre of the axle to the bottom of
the chrome strip, that removes any variables in wheels and tyres.  The web
site below (click on 'Spanners' and 'Ride Height') has the front and rear
ride height of about 26 MGBs of various years, you might like to see how
yours compares.  A problem at one corner can show itself at the diagonally
opposite corner.  If you can eliminate wheel and tyre differences then you
can measure the drop to the ground from points such as the front, rear and
centre of the rear springs to see if it is the spring or the hangers, and
right and left side of the cross-member and chassis rails.  If it was
balanced before, despite being low, then I would suspect either different
specs for your new springs or assembly problems.