Re: a blinkers not working question, 68 MGB GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a blinkers not working question, 68 MGB GT
From: David Hayes <David.Hayes@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:58:27 +0200 (MEST)
The last time my blinkers failed the symptoms were:-

Symptoms:-
The lights came on (both the ones on the dash and the ones on the car) but
there was no flashing.

Solution:-
It turns out that my altenator was dead and there was not enough power to
operate the flasher unit (I gather this functions due to a circuit being
opened/closed depending on the heating of a mettalic element). After replacing
my
altenator (and waiting several days while I re-charged my batteries) the
flasher unit did not seem to work very well (flashed very, very slowly) so I
replaced the flasher unit (under the dash on my '73 MGB Roadster) and this
solved
the problem
I guess that this is a fairly uncommon reason for the flashers failing, so
this may be no use to you at all but you never know...
Dave

--
http://www.gmx.net