Re: Value Trivia

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: Value Trivia
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:32:43 -0500
Ah the dreaded self response.

This got me thinking why. Most convertibles are valued higher than their
coupe counterpart because, generally, there are more coupes than
convertibles. With a few notable exceptions.  Obviously, the MGA and
MGB and the 63-67 Corvette, with the Split Window only being made in
'63 makes it very rare.

I don't think the BGT holds more value that the B, BGT owners can
dispute that as they wish.

Could the other coupe be the MGA?

Back to Corvettes (sorry). I've been reading in the letters to the
editors in car mags, about how everyone wants the Holden Monaro to come
over, since it's better looking than any US GM product except for the
'Vette.  Me, I think it looks like a Monte Carlo with a Mustang nose.
And I don't disagree that it looks better than most GMs. But, maybe it's
just me, I don't like the C5 Corvette. Looks like a badly done Acura
NSX. The 60's 'Vettes are much better. The '50s 'Vettes are much better.

I'll stop ranting now. The weather here in MN is toying with us
convertible guys. I think it's got me cranky. :-)

Paul
77B

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155