Re: NO juice to plugs. 64B HELP

To: "Kevin D. Richards" <flybirds@starpower.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NO juice to plugs. 64B HELP
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:34:24 +0100
Check you have 12v on the coil +ve/SW with the ignition on.  Check you have
12v on the coil -ve/CB with the points open and 0v (ground) with them
closed.  Make sure the points are opening and closing when the engine is
cranked.  Check for a spark from the coil by disconnecting the centre lead
from the cap and holding it close to ground.  It could be this lead that is
the problem so try another lead.  Check you have the spring-loaded contact
in the centre of the cap.  After that is is rotor arm shorting out or
possibly cap tracking to ground.  There are no fuses in the ignition
circuit.