Re: Number is arbitrary but should not be repeated

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Number is arbitrary but should not be repeated
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 00:32:59 +0930
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> > I will assume that this is Klez related... but I sure as heck would love to
> > know where it
> > got that subject line

Without going too deeply into it (it *is* non-MG related:-) you will
find that the FROM address was mjb to the list but if the list processor
could show us the original headers you would see that the message came
from elsewhere.  This smart little worm spoofs the from address.  Trust
me, I know because I have received a few 'bounce' messages from mail
that I never sent because the Klez.h worm had put MY name as the FROM
address on mail with a particularly 'suggestive' subject line.

Now everyone here knows that I could never be 'suggestive'.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII