Re: A Gasket commando mission

To: "Chris Thompson" <ct@cthompson.com>, "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A Gasket commando mission
From: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 16:07:54 -0700
Ray,
I've done all these with the engine in place.

 Oil Pan, : loosen the motor mounts and jack up the engine a bit
Timing Chain Cover, : Remove the harmonic bhalancer and go nto it.
Tappet/Side Covers,: I have done it w/o moving the manifolds.  However, I
real;ly believe that the only way to be CERTAIN that bugger is truly sealed
is with a liberal application of a sealer like Permatex silicone.  To do
this w/o scraping the gunk off may well be impossible with the manifolds
bolted on.
head gasket, valve cover gasket.: No sweat!@

Bill